The Paleo Diet is a popular nutritional plan based on the presumed nutritional habits of Palaeolithic humans. It is also know by other names, such as Primal, Caveman or Palaeolithic Diet.
What are the Main Principles?
The Paleo Diet is based on these 3 premises:
- Human genetics have very little changed since the start of agriculture around 15,000 years ago.
- Modern humans are adapted to the diet of this prehistoric period.
- It is possible for modern science to determine what such diets consisted of.
What Foods Are Allowed?
It allows consumption of the following foods:
- grass-fed pasture raised meats
What Foods Should Be Avoided?
All foods perceived to be products of agriculture and processed foods are restricted. Here are examples of foods excluded from the Paleo Diet:
- dairy products
- refined salt
- refined sugar
- processed oils
Are There Any Exceptions?
Paleo Diet allows for some compromises as it may prove complicated to source all pure natural foods.
So, instead of grass-fed pasture raised meats you can eat commercially raised meats or eggs.
What Is The Main Health Benefit of Paleo Diet?
It is believed by the proponents of Paleo Diet that it can prevent many degenerative diseases such as:
- heart disease
You can find more information about Paleo Diet Recipes in this video: The Paleo Recipe Book
One Handy Tip
To make sure your Diet is nutritionally balanced use our FREE Nutrition Calculator in Excel. It includes:
- Massive database with 1923 Food items
- For each Food item content of 60 Nutrients (Vitamins, Minerals, Macronutrients and Amino Acids)
To download a Sample of our Nutrition Calculator, click the button below:
Subscribe for Updates
Did you enjoy information in this article? Then enter your email below and receive notifications every time we publish something new:
Have you found us useful? Like, share or tweet about it!